If you’ve been searching for the best acoustic guitar for your gigs or practice, then you’ve come to the right place. Guitars are a worthy investment especially when you are looking to get a guitar that costs more than 1000 dollars. When looking at guitars in the 2000-dollar range, you are basically talking of high-end guitars.
In this category, you will be paying more for rarity and prestige and not necessarily excellent features that add value to your playing. Still, there is no denying that between the price range of 1000 and 2000 dollars you will get value especially for those looking to upgrade or add to their collection of guitars.
So, if you are in search for a high-end guitar regardless of whether you are a pro or an entry level, below is our review of some of the best acoustic guitars under 2000 dollars that you can get for yourself or for a loved one as a gift.
1. Taylor 314ce Acoustic Guitar
The Taylor 314ce acoustic guitar is one of the most expensive guitars in our review and for a good reason given the features. Besides, seeing that it is a Taylor with a c, it means that it has a cutway.
- Given that it is a 314, it is among the best -selling and most popular acoustics that you can find which boost your buying confidence
- Has a natural expression system
- The guitar is extremely inviting thanks to the crisp tone
- Has a solid spruce top thanks to the gloss on top and satin finish
- The back and sides have been constructed from the Sapele hardwood tree
- The bracing system is Taylor’s top tier
- Ideal for someone looking to upgrade to a better-quality guitar
- It has a Venetian cutaway and an Auditorium shape that’s perfect for achieving high frets
- Given that it’s an acoustic-electric guitar, it has great sound and standard controls
- One thing that the 314ce has been praised for is that is has a bright and clear tone that can fit any style of play
- Given the price point, none
2. Taylor 214ce DLX
The Taylor brand is well-known for making high-end guitars that although may retail at a high price, are worth every dime thanks to the features they come loaded with. And one Taylor brand that never ceases to create an impression is the Taylor 214ce DLX.
- Available in two colors – natural and sunburst
- Comes packed with amazing quality features to impress given the price
- Easy to play thanks to the design which enhances the playability
- Very comfortable to play
- Suitable for beginners as well as professionals alike
- Built from the best quality materials
- Produces the best harmonics that sets this acoustic guitar apart
- Has a classic design that is beautiful and overall, the guitar is well-built
- Provides a deep and rich sound
- Built with the Taylor ES2 electronics
- Has a storage case that can also be used to transport the guitar from one place to the other
- The guitar stays in tune for lone hence no need to constantly keep making adjustments
- Doesn’t sound as great when set to amplified mode
- It’s an acoustic-only guitar
3. Martin GPCPA4 Guitar
The Martin’s Performing Artist guitar acoustic series is a popular model when it comes to acoustic guitars. The Martin GPCPA4 has some great features that make it a darling among the majority of guitar players.
- Has a solid spruce top with the sides and back having been made from solid Sapele wood
- It comes installed with the Fishman F1 analog preamp and a pickup system
- Thanks to the preamp, by buying this guitar you won’t have a huge hole cut on the side
- The preamp procures a great sound and has the ability to go straight into an external acoustic amplifier or a mixing console
- Has a high natural EQ
- Produces a nice resonance when you are playing high notes
- The guitar comes with a hard-shell case from Martins which allows you to easily carry your guitar from one place to another as well as for storage purposes when the guitar isn’t in use
- Thanks to the spruce top, players get to produce a full, bright sound
- The guitar has a perfect balance between treble and bass given the cut-out and wood combination
- Ideal for recording and session work
- None thus far
4. Martin D-15M Guitar
The Martin D-15M guitar offers the perfect balance between new and old. As such, this is the perfect guitar for anyone that is looking for both worlds as well as a much lighter guitar.
- This guitar offers an exceptional tone thanks to modern technology and the perfect mix of vintage features
- It has a solid build as the Martin D-15M top, sides and back have all been constructed from mahogany
- It ranks high among lighter wooden guitars that you can find in the market today
- Given the lightweight, the Martin D-15M is perfect for guitarists who are constantly on the move as well as for those who play for many hours
- Thanks to the mahogany build, the finish allows the guitar to have a stunning look
- Produces a mellow and warm traditional tone
- The guitar is sold with a lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Also comes with a Martin hard-shell case for storage and transportation
- It’s a classical Martin guitar
- Proper restringing of the guitar may require a professional
5. Martin 000-15M Acoustic Guitar
By now you must know that the Martin brand doesn’t play with the guitars it produces. And the Martin 000-15M not only boasts of some superb features but it also looks pretty classy just like other models from the Martin brand.
- The mahogany build makes it rank high among the best acoustic guitars given that mahogany is considered the best type of wood for designing an acoustic guitar
- The quality of the guitar is to die for
- It is considered one of the best guitars from the Martin’s brand which means you can relax knowing you are making a great choice buying this guitar
- Suitable for players who mainly plat bluegrass and country blues
- Best suited for fingerpicking and fingerstyle
- Has a natural look to it hence you don’t have to worry about wiping off finger marks and smudges like you would if it had a glossy finish
- The guitar produces a sound that is not only rich but warm as well
- Includes in the purchase is a hard case from Martin
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- There’s no binding on the edges which may not be suitable for some people
6. Blueridge BR-163 Guitar
One thing that the Blueridge BR-163 guitar is known for is its history and that it has a story to tell. So, if you’re searching for a guitar with a rich history, consider getting the Blueridge BR-163. In addition, it is also part of the Blueridge Historic Series.
- Given that it’s part of the Blueridge series, it features a traditional American-inspired design
- Suitable for anyone that wants a guitar that can play some classic tunes
- Produces a vintage tone
- Being that they were motivated by earlier models that were made after World War II, you will be playing the guitar that has undergone modern tweaks and guarantees a vintage and stable tone
- Given how easy and fast it is for one to learn and play this guitar, it’s perfect for beginners
- Powerful guitar that produces a deep bass
- Enjoy crisp tone and clean articulation thanks to the spruce top that also has scallop braces
- The mahogany neck provides long stability
- Sold with a hard-shell case that guarantees maximum protection
- The sides and back are built from solid Indian rosewood
- It’s not sold with a pickup which means a buyer incurs extra cost
Most people are always on the fence on whether to get a high-end acoustic guitar or not given that you can choose to get one under 2000 dollars or even spend more than that. When it comes to how much you should spend, it all comes down to your own budget and preference. The prices of these guitars are determined by the type of materials used in designing them.
For instance, high-end guitars are made from high-end materials that are costly compared to the materials used to make low-end guitars. Stika spruce, mahogany, rosewood, and Koa are known to offer better sound quality compared to other materials and are mainly used in making high-end guitars. Besides, the materials, the craftsmanship that goes into a high-end guitar isn’t the same as the as that for low-end guitars.
For expensive guitars, there is a lot of detail and complexity that goes into the features which force companies to invest in their production. As such, you are guaranteed that your guitar will not only sound better but that it will last longer than the low-end guitars. That said, when you decide to buy a guitar that is under 2000 dollars, ensure you do your own research and factor in what you are looking for in a guitar and whether your choice can deliver that.