One of the most rewarding and energizing feelings is learning how to play an acoustic guitar. Acoustic guitars are very popular among guitar players of all levels from beginners to professionals alike hence are widely sought after. The high demand, therefore, means that they come at a higher price tag than other types of guitars.
In addition, the higher price tag can also be frustrating for a newbie given they have no past experience with a guitar making it hard when it comes to choosing one. Given this challenge, we have reviewed some of the best acoustic guitars that you can get under 1000 dollars so that you donít end up with a low-quality guitar after having coughed out 1000 dollars.
1. Seagull S6 Original Acoustic Guitar
Seagull is a very popular brand in the guitar sector. Its popularity can be tied down to the fact that it produces amazing instruments that are well built and donít disappoint. The Seagull S6 Original acoustic guitar carries those traditions with an addition of several modern touches to create the utmost acoustic guitar.
- It has a tapered headstock which helps keep the guitar in tune for long and helps prevent sound distortion and breaking of strings
- The Seagull S6 Original acoustic guitar comes in a variety of colors such as Black, Tennessee Red, Natural and Limited-Edition Black giving buyers the option to choose the guitar in whatever color they want
- The guitarís craftsmanship is top notch given the materials used
- Buyers can trust the Seagull brand as itís known for producing quality guitars
- Has a pressure tested top
- The TUSQ nut and truss rod are both double action as well as a better intonation thanks to the compensated saddle
- Has a superb feel and a great sound that makes it ideal even for beginners
- The headstock can cause a fret buzz if itís now well tapered
2. Taylor 114ce 100 Series Acoustic Guitar
There is no denying the reality that there are lots of options when it comes to choosing an acoustic guitar that is under 1000 dollars. One such other option is the Taylor 114ce 100 series guitar. Itís not only beautiful given the features, but it also produces a professional sound and is very comfortable to play.
- Comfortable to play
- Produces a professional sound that is both smooth and pure making it a darling to newbies as well as pros
- Constructed from Sitka Spruce and Walnut Wood which helps enhance the sound produced as well as makes the guitar durable
- The neck and heel have been made from Sapele which adds to its aesthetics
- Perfect guitar for anyone looking for a guitar they can finger pick given the thinness of the fretboard and neck that makes it easy to change from chord to chord and string to string
- Has a classical design that enhances its appearance making it a well-crafted original
- The guitar has been designed with the user in mind given the features making it easier to play
- It comes with a gig bag that makes it easy for storage and transportation
- It ís right-handed so not ideal for left-handed guitar playersï Some users have reported some rough spot on the guitarís finish
3. Yamaha FG850 Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha FG series is considered the best-selling series from Yamaha. In fact, the FG850 is considered as one of the best in the FG series.
- The top, back, and sides are constructed from solid mahogany while the fingerboard and bridge are constructed from rosewood
- Features a newly designed scalloped bracing that is meant to have the guitar maintain its durability while still maintaining the intended overall sound profile
- Produces natural sounds thanks to the scalloped bracing used in constructing this guitar
- Thanks to the mahogany build, this guitar produces a tone that is both warm and dark when compared to other guitars made from spruce
- This guitar is value-for-money given that Yamaha is known for producing quality guitars that are affordable
- The design has a large sound hole that makes the guitar produce an open sound
- Available in multiple colors
- The original strings need to be changed as the quality is poor
- You will need to make some adjustment to the strings
4. Taylor 214ce 200 Series Acoustic Guitar
Another amazing guitar from the Taylor company thatís below the 1000-dollar price tag is the Taylor 214ce 200 series acoustic guitar. Itís a step up from the Taylor 114ce 100 series and comes with a couple of additions that make it a much better guitar.
- A step up from the Taylor 114ce which means it comes with a few additions from the former
- The sides and back are constructed from the solid Sitka Spruce with a rosewood overlay that makes the guitar a visual and audio pleasing masterpiece
- The guitar uses batteries that help its internal system deliver a vibrant sound however you choose to project your play
- The guitar is sold with the batteries included
- Guaranteed of a beautiful and amazing sound
- Itís a six-string acoustic electric guitar perfect for both beginners and professionals alike
- The guitar comes with a soft gig case hence you donít have to worry about incurring extra costs to get yourself one
- Very light hence suitable for guitarists who are constantly on the move
- Suitable for aggressive players who like to fingerpick
- Itís not ideal for players who are into strumming
- Some users reported that the strings that the guitar comes with isnít all that
5. Martin LX1E Acoustic Guitar
If you are a guitar enthusiast, by now you know that Martin is another trusted brand when it comes to producing excellent guitars. Itís a task they have taken to heart, and the results show seeing that the Martin LX1E is a guitar that delivers superb sound.
- You will be buying a guitar from a trusted company in the guitar industry
- The guitar delivers beautiful sounds thanks to the solid wood construction making it a choice that isnít easy to pass up
- The mahogany and spruce combination is everything youíd want in an acoustic guitar
- The spruce wood ensures the durability of the guitar while the mahogany build, on the other hand, produces a tone that is rich and unforgettable
- Comes with special electronics ñ Fishaman Sonitone Electronics ñ that make it easy for you to tune your guitar as well as play the guitar at higher audio levels
- A superb guitar if you are looking to upgrade your guitar and highly recommended for guitar players with small hands
- Best part? If you are still in doubt on whether to buy it, remember that even Ed Sheeran himself owns the Martin LX1E guitar
- Comes with a carry bag and has the perfect size making it ideal for traveling as it fits nicely on most airplane compartments
- Designed for heavier string sets hence users might need to buy a .12 or .13 gauge
- Some users have reported that sometimes the guitar produces a buzzing sound
When looking to buy an acoustic guitar under the 1000-dollar price tag, there are several factors that you should always consider. An acoustic guitar regardless of the price point is something that you want to take along with you on your musical journey. As such, you need to find one that suits your style, and you can get used to along the way.
Buying a quality guitar can feel like a gamble given that some guitar players will opt to get recommendations from friends and family. While there is nothing wrong with testimonials, people tend to recommend what works or has worked for them and not necessarily what might be suitable to you and your style of play depending on the music genre you love to play most.
Since we donít want you to experience buyerís remorse which can be both upsetting and frustrating, our guide here will help you pick the right guitar thanks to the amount of research we have put in. With the many options of acoustic guitars available, here are our top picks for best acoustic guitars under 1000 dollars that you can consider purchasing.
When making a choice on which guitar to purchase, rule number one is never to get caught up in the whole hullabaloo of ëbest brandsí, yet they donít produce any quality instruments. In fact, if possible, always stick with well-known brands that have been proven and tested like you have seen in our review above.
Before buying an acoustic guitar, ensure you know what wood has been used in making the guitar as the type of wood used affects both the sound and the durability of the guitar. In addition, ensure that your guitarís headstock is tapered enough such that it can comfortably hold the strings in place to prevent them from buzzing, going out of tune and breaking.
Also, ensure that the materials used in constructing the guitar are high-quality. Why? There are brands that like to cut corners but still charge an arm and a leg for their guitars which can lead to buyerís remorse. Ensure you do thorough research before you end up with something that youíll regret.